Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mapping the island

Here is how we need to go about getting the first level up and running:

Rollin
- Sketch a concept of the level and scale it to size using the Necrocarriage as a measure. You should include: the ground, water, zombie spawn points, game object, level decals (ex. mushrooms), and anything else that will make up the Necropopolis world. Make notes on anything and everything in the sketch.

Tom
- Overlay polygons to Rollins concept sketch. The concept sketch will not be in the game. Instead the polygons I lay down will be tiled with some arbitrary texture that I rip off another game (preferably another zombie game so we are more likely to run into legality issues, but any texture will suffice). At some point Rollin or Tom should actually create these textures. Also, I will put in game objects and decals that Rollin defines in the level sketch.

Note: After we get the game play working, it will be valuable to create a level editor, but for the first level or two lets stick with this approach.

Note: Ruth pretended to break up with me again, and then I spent all weekend painting her moms house. Yes, I am a little bitch. Shut your mouths. As far as coding goes, I did working on the carriage physics, so now it does not randomly tip over and it's wheels climb up hills. Making the carriage work will most likely be a work in progress the entire development (ex. adding the spotlight makes the carriage tip to the right, so I had to give other parts more weight for balance).

Fucking end of rant!

No comments: