Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Prologue, Pt. 2

1:02am April 15th
It should involve robots!...and fruit. Shit, I got nothin.
12:09pm April 15th
No totally onto something there.

I think what we need to make is a puzzle style game where you control a steampunk-style robot- but you control its different parts in different ways (like you might have to turn a crank to reposition your cannon by "hand" with your mouse).

There should be a gameplay mechanic where little dudes rush at you and you have to kill a certain number of them so that their bodies pile up and you can cross a river (for example).

12:19pm April 15th
I think there should be a water slide, because robots always get left out, but not in my game!
12:19pm April 15th
And of course there is a puzzle where you push dead bodies down the slide...because the robot feels left out he pushes dead bodies down the slides.
12:20pm April 15th
RE: maybe there is no puzzle, you just push bodies down slides because you can.
12:21pm April 15th
RE: there could be a puzzle i guess.
12:21pm April 15th
I'm going to go make another pot of coffee.
1:17pm April 15th
I think there should be a puzzle. People like puzzles!

I was thinking there should environmental puzzles- physical puzzles. Involving dead bodies.
1:18pm April 15th
Have a big Metal-Slug style robot maybe, and a bunch of levers and things, and the dead bodies could be like the tetris blocks, in a way.
1:24pm April 15th
We can work the coffee in, too. Perhaps the robot could have upgradeable parts, and there could be a coffee cannon?

1:25pm April 15th
I'm down with making robot parts graphics this summer. I'm also signed up for a comics course (woot).
2:52pm April 15th
Dude, you will be awesome at making comics. You need to let me take a sneak peak when you get some of it done.
About the game, I have alot of code laying around. Is there anything particular I should implement that you can think of. I guess it's probably better to stick with 2D. Do you want the robot to have rotating joings or is everything just animated by images? I am better at loading sprite sheets so everything can be on one image. I could really start a lot of game coding, but maybe I can work out a simple script to make puzzles, so you can tinker around with some game flow on your own. There is alot to program, do you have any idea where to start?

No comments: